Whether you have just moved to the Clifton area, or you are just ready for a new dentist, you will want to take a little bit of time to make sure you choose the right one. For most people, the dentist they choose now will be the one they see for many years to come, so it make sense to make sure you get the best Clifton dentist possible.
The big question then is how to determine which dentist in Clifton, NJ is right for you. While we believe that we can provide the best service to all our patients, we also want to make sure you are completely happy with whatever choice you make. With that in mind, we’ve put together this brief list of key points to think about whenever looking for a new dentist, whether in Clifton or anywhere else you happen to be.
Key Features of a Great Dentist
The following are some of the most important features that you want to make sure your dentist has. If you are considering an office, make sure to call ahead to inquire about these essential items:
• Commitment to Advancement – The field of dentistry is constantly advancing and evolving as new technologies are developed, and procedures are created. You will want your dentist to be committed to keeping up with the rapidly changing field.
• Ongoing Education – Dentists and dental hygienists should be committed to taking ongoing education classes to ensure they stay up to date with the latest standards in the dental field.
• Pain Free Procedures – With modern anesthetics and procedures available there is no need for patients to experience any pain or discomfort during dental procedures. Oral premedication is also available to make the most fearful patients feel calm and relaxed. Make sure your new dentist shares in this philosophy and helps create a comfortable experience for every visit.
• Procedure Options – In most cases there are a number of different ways to treat a given dental issue. We believe that dentists should take the time to explain each option to the patients, and let them choose which one will work best for them.
• Convenient Hours – It is important to be able to see the dentist when you need to. Always call ahead and see what their normal business hours are. In some cases, you’ll have to go to the emergency room at the local hospital for immediate care, and then follow up with your dentist the next day.
Of course, you’ll also want to make sure the dentist follows standard cleanliness and sanitation practices and provides friendly service. Taking some time to learn about a dentist and the dental office where they practice can help to ensure you don’t run into any issues with their services. It may be a little extra work up front, but it is well worth it as it will allow you to build a long lasting relationship with your dentist in Clifton.
See your Clifton Dentist Soon
While it is important to take the time to ensure you choose the right dentist, you don’t want to delay the process too long. It is important that you get in and see a dentist every six months to avoid any dental issues. Contact Prestige Dental today to set up an appointment at a time that is convenient for you.