Most people are well aware of where the nearest hospital emergency room is located and how to get there. This is smart because in the event of an emergency, you want to be able to be seen by a doctor as quickly as possible. If you are having a dental emergency in Clifton, NJ, however, you need to know how to be seen by a dentist right away as well. If you’re looking for the best emergency dentist in the area, you will want to call Dr. Doktorman right away.
We guarantee same day appointments for all types of dental emergencies, and in most cases you can be seen almost immediately. Like medical emergencies, dental problems are often very time sensitive, which is why we put such an emphasis on providing you the care you need when you need it.
What is Considered an Emergency?
Many people make the mistake of thinking that a situation is not a dental emergency, so they don’t call until it is too late. For those living in Clifton, NJ it is important to remember that you have easy access to a high quality dentist, so it makes sense to at least call and get a professional opinion. The following are, however, dental emergencies and you need to call so you can be seen right away. Quick action can often save your tooth, treat the abscess etc.
• Dislocated or Mobile Tooth – In many cases someone will have a tooth dislocated or mobilized, often after a trauma. If you come see us right away, we may be able to save your natural tooth.
• Oral Abscess – If you see a small bump or swelling that is typically located along your gum line, and is a brighter red than the surrounding area, it is likely an abscess. These are filled with puss and bacteria and can be extremely hazardous to your health. You need to be seen right away to avoid serious medical complications.
• Chipped Tooth – We typically can’t reattach a chipped tooth, but it is important to treat the remaining tooth to avoid further damage. The sooner this can be done, the better.
• Extreme Pain – If your tooth begins to hurt extremely bad, you will want to come in right away. It could be a sign of an infected tooth, which can often be cured with antibiotics ,or root canal procedure.
• There are other types of dental emergencies as well, so whenever you are concerned about your oral health, don’t hesitate to call us. If it is an emergency, we’ll let you know that you need to come into our offices as quickly as possible. If not, we can set up an appointment for a time that is convenient for you. Your oral health is not something that should be ignored or neglected, so if you have any type of dental emergency in Clifton, NJ, please call us right away.